COMMUNITY AND SUSTAINABILITY
At Asia Mart, we feel that it is our responsibility to improve the communities within which we operate. We also firmly believe that we can only thrive in an environment where we are making positive impact not only socially, but environmentally as well. With these philosophies in mind, we carry out several initiatives and activities across each of our plants and offices throughout the year.
Our efforts to ensure brighter futures for the people around us will always be an integral part of our business. Here are some images of recent activities we have conducted to engage with the communities we are a part of as well as our staff.
Our commitment to responsible manufacturing does not stop there. As the first apparel manufacturer in Vietnam to be awarded LEED Gold and Platinum status by the US Green Buildings Council – we have pioneered the green movement within the industry.
Here are some of the practices and systems we have put in place to ensure our positive impact on the environment and minimize our carbon footprint:
- Minimizing energy consumption and wastage by installation of:
- Solar panels
- LED lighting systems
- Solar powered street lights
- VRV inverter air conditioning units
- Water-cooled ventilation system for production floors
- Inverter type air compressors for machinery
- Minimizing water consumption by:
- Harvesting rainwater to be used for watering grass and plants
- Installing push-start and sensor taps in washrooms and cafeterias
- Treating all wastewater from washing plant for use in toilets plus watering grass and plants
- Minimizing waste by:
- Use of biomass-fired boilers which run on bricks made from agricultural waste, organic material and even fabric waste from the production floor